Monday, June 11, 2012

Garage Sale Finds.....

I went to some garage sales with my mother-in-law and Steve on Saturday.  It was raining at a pretty good clip when we started.  Which is fine,  people are willing to make deals when the weather isn't in their favor.  So,  here are some of my finds for Saturday....

I bought a bag that included 2 half-finished spool knitting rugs.  Both of them had spools attached.  The woman I got them from said her grandmother,  who recently died at 100 years old,  was working on these when she passed.  I paid $3 for the giant bag.  Here is the round one.....   

Close up of the round rug.

This is the oval rug on the left.  On the right is a ball with the yarn already "spooled",  just waiting to be attached.  Also,  some extra green yarn.   



I bought this Tiny Tailor sewing machine by Singer for $3,  she was asking $5.  It is a really basic sewing machine.  It has on and off.  LOL  But it is so cute.  It only weighs a couple of pounds.....


One of the many things I collect.  Old wooden cigar boxes.  I love them for ribbons,  buttons etc.  I got both of these for .50 cents each.  $1 total.  Love them.


I also got a few other things,  but these were my favorite "finds".  Have you ever found anything you are proud of?

No comments:

Post a Comment